Saturday, March 23, 2013

Blog Post #11

Little Kids, Big Potential

         Mrs. Cassidy's first grade students show how they use blogs, webpages, wikis, videos, Skype, and Nintendo DS to learn as a team. When the students spoke of using blogs they included that they get better at writing with every blog post they make. By using blogs they have also learned how to comment on blogs in a positive way. I feel that I would use blogs within my classroom because they teach concepts that are important and would make it interesting for students to learn and interact with each other through the internet. I would also like to have a class webpage so that my students can easily access topics that we are currently covering at their convenience. It would be fun to use Wikis so that the students can interact with children of the same ages in other countries and be able to compare their different lifestyles. Videos would come in handy within my classroom when the children would like to post their accomplishments on the class webpage. I feel that if positive comments are left on the videos the students would have the desire to continue to work hard. I love how Mrs. Cassidy uses Skype to allow her students to interact with experts. This is like having an on campus field trip. Nintendo DS is a great way to show the students how to share with one another. Allowing the students to use "games" to learn could possibly grab attention of the ones that are less likely to listen during lectures.
                  Wikis

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I am an enthusiastic fan of blogging. I hope you will be a blogging teacher!

    ReplyDelete